dwindleing memory

From: McCoy Dirk G Contractor <dirk.mccoy@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 27 Oct 1999 11:46:59 -0500

Hello Everyone,

I am runnig Squid 2.2-STABLE5 on FreeBSD 3.2. I have 384 MB of RAM and
compiled Squid with the dlmalloc library and compiled a kernel that uses all
available memory.

After about 4 to 5 hours of use the Mem stats shown by top look something
like this:

Mem: 23M Active, 288 Inact, 31M Wired, 8000K Buf, 31M Free

and the amount of free memory declines and Inact rises rapidly. I see that
there are several options in squid.conf for memory configuration, however I
thought I might consult with other users for any suggestions on optimizing
these settings for the amount of RAM that I have.

Thanks,

Dirk McCoy
System Administrator
NGTSI