Re: Which IP address squid will use ?

From: Colin Campbell <sgcccdc@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 29 Oct 1999 09:13:37 +1000 (EST)

Hi,

Squid allows you to configure the addresses it uses. The defaults from
squid.conf are:

tcp_incoming_address 0.0.0.0
tcp_outgoing_address 0.0.0.0
udp_incoming_address 0.0.0.0
udp_outgoing_address 0.0.0.0

This leaves the choice up to the OS. On a machine with m,ultiple
interfaces, the IP address of the interface through which the packets
leave, will be used.

I suspect you are using an IP alias with multiple IPs bound to the one
interface. In this case, I believe the OS will use the one bound to the
"real" interface. For example, on Solaris you'd have le0, le0:1, le0:2
 and I believe the OS uses the address bound to le0.

Colin

--
Colin Campbell
Unix Support/Postmaster/Hostmaster