Re: Direct only when parent is down, HOW?

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 29 Oct 1999 03:01:49 +0200

Markus Eiden wrote:

> Do you mean
>
> http://hem.passagen.se/hno/squid/squid-2.2.STABLE2.icp_timeout_select_rtt_parent-2.patch
>
> As far as I can see this depends on ICP-Messages. Is this right?
>
> I use only one parent and therefore no ICP. I found the
> "connect_timeout"-Option
> in my Squid.2.2-Stable2-configfile. Is that the right option to solve
> my problem?

The patch you are looking for is cache_peer connect-timeout option.

http://hem.passagen.se/hno/squid/squid-2.2.STABLE2.peer_connect_timeout.patch

The global connect_timeout parameter will not do you any good unless
your Squid must always go thru a parent. Problem is that it applies to
all outgoing connections, peer or origin server.

--
Henrik Nordstrom
Squid hacker