A better way to start Squid at boot time?

From: Raymond Brighenti <bargi@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 02 Nov 1999 00:45:52 (EST)

Hi,

Some might have seen my earlier post that I was having a problem with
Periodic Daily causing Squid to restart several times.

I have narrowed it down to the /etc/rc.local file where as the last line
I have put;
/usr/local/squid/bin/RunCache&

If I comment this out Periodic will not cause Squid to restart.
(It is not a script it runs as I have removed all scripts from
/etc/periodic/daily and it still occurs)

Should I have squid starting a different wayat boot (is there another way?)
or is this an issue with Periodic?

Thanks

Ray