RE: Pulling up instructions for authentication

From: Espen Lyngaas <Espen.Lyngaas@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 02 Nov 1999 21:53:45 +0100

> It can only send one page because the browser has only asked
> for one page.

Yes, that's something I didn't think about... :-) After the first page was
received, the connection is closed, and there's no where to send the auth
req. header to..

However, there are ways of getting the browser to ask for a second page
automatically with a client pull.

>SQUID is behaving correctly; the browser is also behaving correctly, but
>apparently its user interface design confuses the users; that user
>interface is not specified by the protocol, so could be changed,

I have never meant to indicate that Squid is behaving the wrong way. No sir! :)
I'm just asking for ways to work around the problem until a kind soul makes
NTLM authorization available.

--
Espen Lyngaas, IT Consultant, Color Group ASA
Espen.Lyngaas@colorline.no  Espen.Lyngaas@c2i.net