Re: accelerator problems

From: Jacek Zapala <jacek@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 3 Nov 1999 10:20:15 +0100 (CET)

On Tue, 2 Nov 1999, Henrik Nordstrom wrote:

> Jacek Zapala wrote:
>
> > So what is wrong with my configuration?
> > I can't make /etc/hosts with all accelerated domains, is there another way
> > of configuring the accelerator?
>
> Squid needs to have unique URLs for each domain after redirection, and
> httpd_accel_host should be set to your primary domain (not virtual).
>
> Possible setups include
>
> a) Split DNS, where Squid uses a DNS returning the backend servers IP.
>
> b) A DNS domain (or name standard) for mapping domains to backend
> servers, and a redirector rewriting request to these backend domain
> names.
>
> c) All domains listed in a local host table.

Thanks a lot. I really don't want to list all domains in /etc/hosts or
in some other file. Such list would have to be changed too often.

I have disabled the URL redirector and modified the dnsserver to return
the backend server IP address instead of its own. I don't like this
solution very much, but it has one big advantage - it works and I don't
have to specify the list of all accelerated domains.

        Jacek