Re:ident lookup

From: visolve cache <visolve_cache@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 4 Nov 1999 02:18:47 -0800 (PST)

Hi Mike,

In order to block specific users or groups from
accessing a cache, either ident lookup or Proxy
Authentication could be used.

Using Proxy Authentication:

Have the following setup in the squid.conf.

acl PRO proxy_auth rek
acl PROX proxy_auth srn rar suk bam
acl go dstdomain squid.nlanr.net

http_access allow PROX
http_access allow PRO go
http_access deny all

Now the user rek could access only squid.nlanr.net.
But all the other users (srn, rar, suk, bam )could
access all the sites, including squid.nlanr.net.

Regards,
visolve_cache.

>I am having problems running authentification on
>Redhat 6.0 for Squid.
>
>In my squid.conf I have
>
>authenticate_program /usr/local/squid/bin/ncsa_auth
>/usr/local/squid/etc/passwd
>
>acl user_password >proxy_auth
/usr/local/squid/etc/passwd

=====