Re: newbie needs help

From: Reuben Farrelly <reuben.farrelly@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 05 Nov 1999 00:10:12 +1100

Hi,

You should be able to get some good information via the "cache
manager". Do you have it installed? How many hits/minute are you getting
(General Runtime Information).

* If you have the Squid cache files on a separate partition, make sure you
mount it with the "noatime" option.

* What does vmstat show? Is the box swapping much? (this will kill squid
performance).

* A kernel upgrade to 2.2.13 *may* help.

Reuben