Re: No hits!!! No SSL! Help, please!

From: Ambrose Li [EDP] <acli@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 5 Nov 1999 18:49:21 -0500

On Sat, Nov 06, 1999 at 12:22:11AM +0100, Paul Boyer wrote:

> MS-Proxy is able to receive a SSL connection, decrypt it by itself, and
> reverse proxy it to a Web server.
>
> MS-proxy uses the IIS a bility to do SSL.

Are you sure this is true? If this is true, then what's the point
of SSL? Anyone who has MS-proxy can insert it in an unsuspecting
network and snoop SSL traffic, get credit card numbers etc.

AFAIK MS Proxy speaks its own protocol; it could very well be that
the protocol that is used between it and MS Proxy clients is not
encrypted or is easily decrypted?

--
Ambrose C. Li / +1 416 321 0088 / Ming Pao Newspapers (Canada) Ltd.
EDP department / All views expressed here are my own; they may or