Re: Apache and Squid coexistence

From: visolve cache <visolve_cache@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 5 Nov 1999 23:34:46 -0800 (PST)

Hi Avi,
  I believe that there is no problem in squid. I
tested
with the below apache proxy configuration. I have
remote proxy as http://172.16.1.41:3128. I requested a

page from http://172.16.1.121/applet.html. It works
fine.

# Proxy Server directives. Uncomment the following
lines to
# enable the proxy server:
#
<IfModule mod_proxy.c>
ProxyRequests On
ProxyRemote * http://172.16.1.41:3128
#
<Directory proxy:*>
    Order deny,allow
    Deny from all
    #Allow from .your_domain.com
    Allow from all
</Directory>
#
# Enable/disable the handling of HTTP/1.1 "Via:"
headers.
# ("Full" adds the server version; "Block" removes all
outgoing Via: headers)
# Set to one of: Off | On | Full | Block
#
ProxyVia on

#
# To enable the cache as well, edit and uncomment the
following lines:
# (no cacheing without CacheRoot)
#
#CacheRoot "/usr/local/apache/proxy"
#CacheSize 5
#CacheGcInterval 4
#CacheMaxExpire 24
#CacheLastModifiedFactor 0.1
#CacheDefaultExpire 1
#NoCache a_domain.com another_domain.edu
joes.garage_sale.com

</IfModule>

regards
visolve cache

> Hello,
>
> I am trying to use squid as a remote proxy for
Apache.

> ProxyRemote * http://208.222.222.33:3128
>
> I do get all the requests to squid, but Apache does
not translate the URI's
http://208.222.222.35/mydoc.html (Apache server) --
> the request Squid sees is '/mydoc.html' and squid
tells me that the URL is

=====