newbie needs some help

From: Matt Ashfield <mda@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 8 Nov 1999 10:36:52 -0400

Hi all,

I am running squid stable 5 on my aix box as a proxy cache. I have only got
a few machines on testing it, but it seems to work. I have a question
though, I am using a program called calamaris to look at stats, and it seems
like only about 10% of my requests are actual hits. This seems like it might
be normal on a large testing scale, but when there's very few computers in
my test (about 3-5) it would make sense that these pc's are going to have a
lot of hits, because they'd be going to the same sites quite often...Am I
being paranoid or is 10% a good number?
Also, just out of curiosity, what seems to be the favorite stats package
being used out there? Is the cache manager that comes with squid my best
option?

Any advice is welcomed

Cheers

Matt