Re: Squid for NT

From: Eric Stern <estern@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 8 Nov 1999 16:03:56 -0500 (EST)

On Sun, 7 Nov 1999, Henrik Nordstrom wrote:

> squid wrote:
>
> > Is there a newer version for Windows NT, than the 2.1 version of Mr. Romeo
> > Anghelache ?
>
> Not that I know of. The development team lacks persons knowing NT. I
> have the changes from
> Mr Anghelache securely stored away, but I do not have an NT machine or
> compiler to try them on or the time to maintain the changes in newer
> releases (have not even enough time to maintain my own changes it seems)
>
> Good news is that Squid-2.3 and later should be much more suitable for
> an NT port than the earlier versions.

We (Industrial Code & Logic) have squid 2.3 ported to NT and running (as
a service). This will be the basis for a commercially supported product,
the release of which should coincide more or less with the STABLE release
of 2.3 (whenever that may be). Source will, of course, be available as per
the GPL.

/ Eric Stern - Industrial Code & Logic Inc. - (519) 249-0508 /
/ http://www.indcl.com /
/ WebSpeedWare - web caching doesn't have to be expensive! /