NIC?

From: Marc Lucke <hohum@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 10 Nov 1999 14:57:24 +1100

(This could end up being off the Squid topic & if so my humblest
apologies).

I run all traffic through a RedHat Linux 6.0 Pentium II 200 solely
used for Squid. I hijack port 80 request & feed them to Squid's
accelerator using ipchains.

Some people are reporting problems with large downloads from any site
either as email or otherwise in terms of them timing out. I no longer
think this is a Squid specific problem but an hardware/ipchains one.

Can someone confirm my logic?

Pushing it even further, is it possible that it is my nic that is
generating problems considering it is sitting on a 10/100 switch & it
is only a poorly 10 mbps half-duplex card?

Any help/suggestions appreciated

Marc