ACL with AS

From: Milda Mimiene <milda@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 16 Nov 1999 10:18:38 +0200 (EET)

Hi, everyone in the list

At first about situation what I need and do I can solve the problems in
such a way.

I need that all the requests from my cache to the servers in side my
country would go direct and others would go to the another (parent) cache
server. In Lithuania are some IPS with different AS.
Will it work with such squid configuration ?

cache_peer cache1.ktu.lt type 3128 3130 proxy-only
acl lietuva dst_as 2847 5479 8516 6769
cache_peer_access cache1.ktu.lt allow !lietuva
cache_peer_access mycache_mydomain.net deny all
always_direct allow lietuva

And question: where from squid knows what networks belongs to specific AS.
Does he sends each time sends requests to the RIPE database?

Thanks in advance for answers

Milda Mimieme
LITNET NOC
User support group