Fail on parent authentication

From: <squid@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 17 Nov 1999 18:30:01 +0800 (CST)

I have point my squid proxy to another proxy(also squid or MS-proxy)

the following is a diagram:

(client)--->(my squid proxy)--->(parent proxy)
            --------------- --------------
             squid1 squid2/MS-proxy

squid1 doesn't need authenticate,

I have the following setting in squid1
cache_peer squid2 parent HTTP-PORT PORT no-query

1. When squid2 doesn't need authenticate
Client have no problem on visiting website.

2. When squid2 needs authentication
Client get a authentication dialog from squid2
If clients enter correct username:password,then no problem.
But if I provide username:password in squid1's squid.conf like this:

cache_peer squid2 parent HTTP-PORT PORT no-query login=USER:PASSWORD
it doesn't work,squid2 still gives the clients a authenticate dialog.

What's wrong with it?

欢迎您使用 百家商务电子邮件系统 http://www.email.com.cn
Welcome to E-mail business system