Re: SSL and Squid

From: Tilman Schmidt <Tilman.Schmidt@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 17 Nov 1999 20:32:55 +0100

At 17:52 17.11.99 +0000, Tony Marchese wrote:
>PCs that have private IP addresses cannot access SSL sites even though
>they pass through the Squid proxy. On the other hand PC's that have
>valid (registered) IP address can access SSL sites through the squid
>proxy.

You sure the PCs are passing through Squid for https too, and not just
for http? That's easy to miss in some browsers' configuration dialogs.
We are happily using Squid to access SSL sites here, and all our PCs
have private IP addresses, so it should work.

--
Tilman Schmidt          E-Mail: Tilman.Schmidt@sema.de (office)
Sema Group Koeln, Germany       tilman@schmidt.bn.uunet.de (private)