DNS problem...

From: Rod Savard <rodney@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 18 Nov 1999 07:12:59 -0800

A week or two back I posted a message about a problem I'm having with
Squid 2.2S5 on a Linux 2.2.13 box. I wanted to check back to see if
anyone has any ideas.

Here's a recap:

Squid fails to fetch any URLs and says "DNS domain 'www.whatever.com' is
invalid: Host not found".

dnsserver does work properly (at least in "standalone" mode).... I can
do a "echo www.somesite.com | ./dnsserver" and it returns the address
ok.

I have no special DNS settings in squid.conf, so it's supposed to use
resolv.conf. Resolv.conf has read permissions enabled for everyone, so
squid shouldn't be having a problem reading that file.

Anyone please have any more suggestions?! I have a second Linux 2.2.13
box running Squid 2.2S5 and it works perfectly. As far as
Squid/DNS/Linux are configured, they're almost identical. They're both
using DSL modems to talk to the same ISP, too!

---
Rod Savard - Delphi Developer
Savard Software - Tri-Cities, Washington, USA
rodney@savard.com - http://www.savard.com