Re: Performance tuning

From: Christopher Stein <stein@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sat, 20 Nov 1999 21:33:08 -0500 (EST)

OK.. How about this one:
I have two caches, with the following two specs,
each with 100Mbps connection to Net.

1. 512MB RAM, 9GB disk.
2. 256MB RAM, 9GB disk.
These are dedicated machines.

- What should I set cache_mem to? How does one
decide on this value?
- the number of SwapDirs?,
- number of L1 and L2 directories for on-disk cache?
- the low-water and high-water marks for both the
cache-mem and the on-disk cache?
- the average size of a cached object (used by Squid to
size the SwapDir's FileMap)?

thanks,
chris stein