Re: Macromedia Flash

From: Alex Rousskov <rousskov@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 22 Nov 1999 10:42:08 -0700 (MST)

On Mon, 22 Nov 1999, Vladas Lapinskas wrote:

> > > HTTP Error 405
> > > 405 Method Not Allowed
> > > The method specified in the Request Line is not allowed for the resource
> > > identified by the request. Please ensure that you have the proper MIME
> > > type
> > > set up for the resource you are requesting.
> > > Please contact the server's administrator if this problem persists.
> > >
> > This appears to be nothing to do with squid. The server
> > administrator that you need to contact is that of the
> > origin server.
>

> No, this is certainly squid-related problem. I've just tried to use direct
> connection - it's OK, but when I use squid I'm permanently have the error
> above.

While this way of reasoning is natural, it is often incorrect. The
origin server may perform differently when contacted through a proxy.
For example, they may disallow proxied accesses to that resource. The
error message you are quoting is from the origin server, not Squid. The
bug could be on either side, of course.

Alex.