Squid Caching Methods

From: James Hicks <outtech@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 23 Nov 1999 11:04:47 +1100

        I've been monitoring our squid transparent cache for some time now, and
there's a lot of material it simply doesn't cache, and other stuff which it
seems to but always misses when you seek it. I was wondering is there any
way to make it cache more aggressively? Basically I'd like to set it to
cache anything that can be checked with a if-changed-since request.

        This is because of the high price of bandwidth here in Australia. A 64k
ISDN link for an ISP costs $825US a month...

        If there isn't a setting in the current version, is there a development
version I could try?
-
James Hicks - Outpost Internet
Ph +61 2 42 710 412