Re: Transparent-Proxy with Tigris

From: Awais Riaz <awais@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 24 Nov 1999 16:49:14 +0500

Tigris only does this when its defined default route isn't working. One way
of doing this is to set up a linux machine (with packet forwarding and
transprarent proying...maybe via ipchains if you like) as your default
route . BTW whenever this machine stops packet forwarding...Tigris will
find another route. So for security purposes you may also want to ACL
packet forwarding for the tigris box on your router and other machines on
your LAN.

Awais Riaz
System Administrator
Pakistan Online