Re: cache-digests

From: Alex Rousskov <rousskov@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 24 Nov 1999 23:37:33 -0700

On Thu, 25 Nov 1999, Francis A. Vidal wrote:

> ---- Quoting Alex Rousskov's message, sent 11/24/99 10:58pm ----
>
> > Have you read the Cache Digest section in the FAQ?
>
> yes, but i can't find any indication in the logfiles that my squid is
> exchanging or getting digests from the upstream server.

I assume you have configured your Squid to use Cache Digests (Faq 16.13).

If so, you should be getting some digest-related messages in the cache.log.
If you do not see any, you may want to enable debugging of relevant
sections (see "Use The Source" paragraph in the same FAQ entry for "debug
section" numbers). That should give you sufficient information on what is
going on.

Under normal conditions, there is probably no reason to use ICP and digests
together. To disable ICP (or any other object discovery protocol) read the
description of "cache_peer" option in your squid.conf file. Moreover, you
probably want to read the entire squid.conf at least once to get a general
idea of all the options that are out there.

Alex.