Re: cache-digests

From: Alex Rousskov <rousskov@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 25 Nov 1999 13:13:13 -0700

On Thu, 25 Nov 1999, Francis A. Vidal wrote:

> > If so, you should be getting some digest-related messages in the
> > cache.log. If you do not see any, you may want to enable debugging of
> > relevant sections (see "Use The Source" paragraph in the same FAQ
> > entry for "debug section" numbers). That should give you sufficient
> > information on what is going on.
>
> no digest-related messages in `cache.log'. btw, if the upstream server is
> configured as a parent in cache_peer and the object was found in the
> digest, will the message in the access.log be a
> `CACHE_DIGEST_HIT/neighbor' or `PARENT_HIT/neighbor'? what debug level is
> advisable to just check if the squid process is getting the digest from
> the parent/neighbor?

Well, if you cannot see _any_ digest related messages and digests were
enabled at configuration time, your best bet is to enable maximum debugging
level (10) for digest modules and see if you get anything.

Note that IIRC digest module spits a diagnostic message at Squid startup
with the default debugging level. Thus, I cannot understand how you can
have digests enabled and see no digest-related messages in cache.log.
However, may be I am missing something. Just enable maximum debugging level
and see what happens.

Alex.