Re: delay_pool

From: <david@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 26 Nov 1999 22:17:45 +1100

> I have some general questions about delay-pools:
>
> 1.) I want to limit the bandwidth, my students can use, and also want to leave
> unlimited bandwidth to the staff. Is one delay pool for the students enough, or do I
> need a second one (unlimited) for the staff?

Just define the pool for the students and leave the staff unlimited by
now putting them into any pool.

> 2.) I have a bandwidth of 128 kbps. Can I define several delaypools, each one using a
> maximum of 128 kbps, but in summary (all the pools together) using more? Will they
> still share the real bandwidth sort of equal, or can one pool block out the others?

Each pool will act to limit the bandwidth to the level it is given, if you let
one of the pools take 128k and you have 128k bandwidth then it's quite
possible that that pool may chew up most or all of your bandwidth.

David.

--
David Luyer                           . .           www.zipworld.net
Network Engineer                    .  zipworld         Zip World is