Re: WCCP CPU requirements on router end

From: Andrew Gillham <gillhaa@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 26 Nov 1999 11:09:03 -0500 (EST)

Miguel A.L. Paraz writes:
> Hi all,
>
> This is about WCCP but not about development =) Does WCCP eat a lot of
> CPU on the router end? This is for our customers whose setups range from
> 64Kbps to 2 Mbps leased line, and use Cisco 2500 and 3600 series routers.

We have not noticed any real CPU utilitization increase on a 3640 with
2 x T1 (1.544Mbps) leased lines. This is with WCCP v2 and 3 Cache Engines.

Of course your mileage may vary. :-)

-Andrew

Andrew Gillham                            | This space left blank
gillham@whirlpool.com                     | inadvertently.