More Authentication Problems

From: Jason Thompson <jthompson@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 29 Nov 1999 23:15:06 -0000

Hi All,

Thanks to all for your help in my previous questions. I am still having problems with proxy authentication, I have included all the lines out of the squid.conf file that I have put in for it. Please could someone tell me what I am doing wrong. Thanks

authenticate_program /etc/squid/ncsa_auth passwd
authenticate_children 16
authenticate_ttl 3600
acl allowedusers proxy_auth REQURIED
acl localhost src 127.0.0.1/255.255.255.255
http_access allow localhost
http_access allow all

Please could someone claify how many authentication, dns and redirector processes I should have a for a squid server that needs to handle about 100 clients maximum.

Thank you in advance

Jason Thompson
IT Tecnician
Allerton Grange High School