Re: deos squid -k rotate work when running several squid proxies on same machine?

From: Clifton Royston <cliftonr@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 1 Dec 1999 10:44:01 -1000

On Wed, Dec 01, 1999 at 01:22:09PM -0600, Fernando Medina Jr. wrote:
> I run 2 proxies listening on 2 different ports. Last night squid -k
> rotate was issued from cron as it always is at the beginning of the
> month. Apparently logs did nto rotate...teh old ones are still
> growing...is there a spacial command now that there are 2 squid proxies,
> with different log files, running on same machine? thanks,

  Use the -f [config-file] option with a full path to the squid config
file, together with the -k rotate option, once for each squid config
running. Like this:

  squid -f /usr/local/squid1/etc/squid.conf -k rotate
  squid -f /usr/local/squid2/etc/squid.conf -k rotate

  -- Clifton

--
 Clifton Royston  --  LavaNet Systems Architect --  cliftonr@lava.net
        "An absolute monarch would be absolutely wise and good.