Multiple passwd files in squid for authentication

From: Karl Ferguson <karl@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 2 Dec 1999 13:11:18 +0800

Hi.

I've set up ncsa_auth and have that working perfectly. However, we use
multiple passwd files (for clients) that we'd also like to be able to get
squid to authenticate with.

Short of doing a tricky cat'y grep'y thing, is there any way (different
authenticator?) so have the same username in two different passwd files to
be able to authenticate properly? I guess it's either that we change the
clashing usernames.

Another option I suppose would be to cat the passwd files together, but add
their domain to the username for authentication, so in effect, they log in
with their email address and password... I guess that'd work, but has
anyone come accross this situation and resolved it?

Karl Ferguson
Network Engineer					Tel: +61 8 9481 4010
Corporate Computer Consultants Pty Ltd	Fax: +61 8 9481 4767
Level 1/220 St Georges Tce, Perth WA	http://www.ccc.com.au