Re: can I "see" in realtime large file transfers?

From: Jens-S. Voeckler <voeckler@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 2 Dec 1999 10:31:32 +0100

On Thu, 2 Dec 1999, Stephen Moore wrote:

]"Fernando Medina Jr." wrote:
]
]> Is there a way I can see what users are downloading huge files at any
]> given time? My itnernet line is sometimes at 98% utilization and I
]> can't actually "see" who is using up teh whole bandwidth. With
]> cachemgr.cgi I can see the file descriptors that are in use, is that the
]> closest I can come to this feature? thanks,
]
]Enable the cachemgr.cgi and view the process descripter page in a web page.
]This will show any large squid transfers in progress

Even better (or more confusing, as you like it): "Client-side Active Req."
in the cachemgr.

Le deagh dhùrachd,
Dipl.-Ing. Jens-S. Vöckler (voeckler@rvs.uni-hannover.de)
Institute for Computer Networks and Distributed Systems
University of Hanover, Germany; +49 511 762 4726