Re: Questions on Squid (dnsserver) and DNS

From: Ahsan Khan <ahsank@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 3 Dec 1999 02:50:29 +0500

Dear Steve,

        Great Questions,,

1:- As well as BIND and Squid Dnsserver is concern, Squid has an option
to comple with your bind for optimum performance, see
http://squid.nlanr.net/FAQ and more over if i will be on your place, i would
rather made a cache only DNS for My squid system so i got less time for DNS.

2:- Always Remmeber In resolve.conf Your DNS and every other thing will look
for First IP for DNS query and until its fail it will be used for this. If
its failed then it will try next one, you can increase or decrease the
timeout by recompiling the dns with proper modifications.

3:- By resonfigureing the squid nothing happen mutch but yes a new
session of layer in memory waiting for finishing previous requests and
starting with new config. So i do not think so its related to dns unless u
will restrat your dns,,

With Regards
Ahsan Khan