A question about refresh pattern

From: Kim JooYong <jykim@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 6 Dec 1999 20:51:52 +0900 (KST)

Dear,

I have some questions related with the following scenario.

A client has a newer object(say LMT(Last Modified Time) = 100,
the same as that in the origin web server) in its cache
than that in Squid's cache(say LMT = 50).
(I think it's possible if the client uses several proxies or it directly
cotacted with the origin web server.)
The client sends a GET IMS to Squid, and the object in Squid cache
is stale in the view of Squid's refresh rules.
Hence, Squid should send GET IMS request to
the origin web server(or to other proxies).

Q1: What't the LMT that Squid sends to the web server?

Q2-1: If the LMT is that of the client, does the object in Squid remain stale
and dirty(which I mean that Squid still has different version of the object)?
Q2-2: If the LMT is that of Squid, should the client wait until the full
object is transferred to the proxy?

Thanks in advance.

JooYong