Multiple redirectors used?

From: Steve Snyder <swsnyder@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 06 Dec 1999 09:22:46 -0500 (EST)

Hello.

I've got Squid (2.2S5) configured to use 4 copies of dnsserver and 4
copies of the adzapper redirector. I notice that 3 of the 4 dnsserver
processes are actually being called upon, yet only the 1st of the
adzapper redirectors seems to consume CPU time.

I'm OK with having 4 copies of adzapper loaded if they can/will be
used, but I'd rather not waste memory on processes that won't ever be
called. Does it make any sense to run multiple ("redirect_children 4"
in squid.conf) copies of adzapper?

Thank you.

*** Steve Snyder ***