Squid Logging

From: Jason Wang <Jason.Wang@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 06 Dec 1999 08:39:02 -0600

Hello there,

I have a question about controling what Squid does and doesn't
log. Currently, the log file entries contain certain pertinant
information (the first 10 fields or so), and the rest of it is
junk regarding HTTP versions and the referer URL and stuff.
Is there a way to make squid not log all that? I have tried
setting the "debug_options" to various things, (like ALL,0) but
they did not seem to affect anything. The proxy currently
handles millions of hits a day, and often times, the entire
file system will get filled up by this one log file. What I want
to do is get rid of the last two big entries (enclosed with []'s).

Thanks,
Jason