RE: Underscores in urls?

From: Marc van Selm <marc.van.selm@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 07 Dec 1999 08:49:41 +0100

At 10:36 AM 12/7/99 +0800, =?Big5?B?pP2y0KZ0?= wrote:

Underscores are not according to the RFC which defines how host names
should look like but there is a compiler-time setting in Squid.
ALLOW_UNDERSCORES if memory serves me right.

Marc

> Dear Sir:
> We also got the same problem with Underscores URL.
> I use 2.2.STABLE5 snapshot 1999-11-27
> In cache.log, we still see the error message.
>
> and you mean using nslookup to check the underscore url ?
> We also use nslookup to check that url , and nslookup reply fine without
>any problem.

Marc van Selm
NATO C3 Agency
Communication Systems Division, A-Branch
Tel: +31 70 3142454
E-mail: marc.van.selm@nc3a.nato.int
Private: selm@cistron.nl, selm@het.net, http://www.cistron.nl/~selm