Re: "Predictive" caching (fwd)

From: Panjai Tantatsanawong <panjai@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 8 Dec 1999 15:43:09 +0700 (ICT)

Dear sir
        Now AIT in Thailand has already implemented prefetching cache
namely Adaptive Caching System which has many features such as
prefetching by user access pattern, bandwidth monitoring while
prefetching. It can work well in hierarchical cache (support both
HTTP and ICP). Today, it support Squid-1.1.20 and will be upgraded
to support Squid-2.2.up soon (in testing). We will add pushing
mechanism to this cache too. The average hit rate is about 60%
        If you interst, please have a look in
http://atlas.dec.ait.ac.th/squid/

Regards,

Mr.Panjai Tantatsanawong
Doctoral student
Computer Science and Information Management Program
School of Advanced Technologies Asian Institute of Technology(AIT)
P.O. Box 4 Klong Luang, Pathumthani 12120, Thailand.