Re: Checking to see if parent?

From: Kendall Lister <kendall@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 10 Dec 1999 12:06:47 +1100 (EST)

On Fri, 10 Dec 1999, Roddy Strachan wrote:

> I have setup a Parent for our proxy to use, is there anyway in squid
> to find out if this parent is being queried for cache hits etc?

Your access.log should contain some info about where files are coming
from, and cachemgr.cgi also has several useful areas, particularly "Peer
Cache Statistics". Also, if there is a problem talking to the parent cache
something should appear in cache.log.

--
 Kendall Lister, Systems Operator for Charon I.S. - kendall@charon.net.au
  Charon Information Services - Friendly, Cheap Melbourne ISP: 9589 7781