Re: ClientReadRequest: FD 13 Invalid Request 2nd

From: ROC Services <roc@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 9 Dec 1999 22:26:36 -0600 (CST)

On Thu, 9 Dec 1999, Thomas Harms wrote:

> Hello Everybody,
>
> we are using the squid version 2.0Patch2.
> I discovered the error message:
>
> ClientReadRequest: FD 13 Invalid Request
>
> in our /var/log/messages.
>
> But I can't find any description of this
> error in the squid docs.
>
> Can somebody help?

I have seen a lot of this in transparent-proxy configuration, it seems the
result of the Hotline client doing some bizarre "pttp" crap over port 80,
which squid doesn't like. I simply isolated the offending address blocks
and modified my route-maps to not send that traffic to the proxy ...

(as in: "GET /something pttp/1.0")

I have not stooped to the level of installing Hotline to find out what
it's going, but by the looks of the URLs it has something to do with ad
banners.