Re: always_direct?

From: Kendall Lister <kendall@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 10 Dec 1999 16:13:54 +1100 (EST)

On Fri, 10 Dec 1999, Roddy Strachan wrote:

> Ok thanks Hendrik for the pointers on this command, i have in there :
>
> acl local-servers dstdomain www.satlink.com.au
> always_direct allow local-servers

> Now that will look to the local server for the file, as we dont cache
> any of our sites using the no_cache option, we have the class of /24
> so it won't cache them, is there anyway to have it in always_direct as
> this? Rather than having to put in all our local sites? Or is there
> an easier way that what I am looking at?

This causes Squid to go direct for any request for the server
www.satlink.com.au, as you intended. However, it sounds like you have
other web servers that you want included in your definition of "local
servers"; you can cover your whole Class C address:

acl local-servers dst xxx.yyy.zzz.aaa/255.255.255.0

Check the default squid.conf for plenty of examples.

--
 Kendall Lister, Systems Operator for Charon I.S. - kendall@charon.net.au
  Charon Information Services - Friendly, Cheap Melbourne ISP: 9589 7781