Re: connection lifetime exceeded.

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sat, 11 Dec 1999 02:51:21 +0100

jowens@worldinter.net wrote:

> I am having with my squid. It will run just fine for
> alimited period of time. It is running under 2.2.13
> with 4096 file descriptors. It will cache evrything
> jsut fine and then it comes up and says connection life
> time exceeded. Thank you for any help.

Try increasing request_timeout. It seems that some browsers opens up a
second connection but does not use it for a while (presumabely the
pending request could be completed using the first connection while the
second one was getting established), and then get confused when Squid
sends back the timeout error message.

request_timeout 5 minutes

--
Henrik Nordstrom