Trouble hostnames in logfile analysis

From: Miguel A.L. Paraz <map@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sun, 12 Dec 1999 21:29:25 +0800

Hi,

I'm working on some new logfile analysis scripts which resolve the hostnames.
This is because part of the analysis is determining the most popular network
blocks.

However, I have a problem with a few hosts - those whose nameservers are done.
I'm simply using gethostbyname() in Perl and this blocks very long. (goes to
show why you should not locate all your nameservers in the same net =) )

Any ideas on this? Thanks!

---m

--
Miguel "Migs" A.L. Paraz	            IPhil Communications Network, Inc.
http://www.iphil.net        Business Development/Network Architecture/Training