Private Data Caching Pragma info

From: Blue Lang <blue@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 13 Dec 1999 13:34:35 -0500 (EST)

Hi!

We're working on putting a product we already serve privately via tcp/ip
on the web. We are recommending that our customers use squid on their end
to speed things up a bit.

I have read through the archives and done some internet searching and feel
like I kind of have a handle on it, but want to run this past the list and
see if anyone has any further suggestions.

From what I understand, I (well, the developers) should be able to mark
all of the outgoing html with Cache-Control:private, and avoid having any
sepc-compliant cache hold a copy of the data. This does not count for
browsers, which do whatever they want.

Are my assumptions correct, and has anyone worked with this kind of setup?
We're just trying to find the gotchas before they find us.

Thanks!

--
Blue Lang, Unix Systems Administrator, QSP Inc. - Raleigh, NC
Phone: 919.872.4086