Re: Caching asp dynamic pages

From: Dancer <dancer@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 16 Dec 1999 04:34:54 +0000

Abdi Ponce wrote:

> Hi!
>
> I'm using squid 2.2 STABLE 5 under Red Hat 6.1 as an accelerator for
> an IIS (I know, the CIO's soul is owned by the devil.) It works great!
> but I want squid to cache the asp dynamic pages like /search.asp?id=98
> I downloaded the source code changed the cf.data.pre file (I changed the
> line hierarchy_stoplist cgi-bin ?) I did that too in the squid.conf file.
> Also I put the following lines on the top of the asp scripts
>
> <% Response.Expires=20
> Response.CacheControl="public" %>
>
> But BIG BUT squid still doesn't cache the scripts???
>
> Any idea??
>
> Thanks
>
> Abdi Ponce

Possibilities:
1) The directives are not appearing in the headers.
2) There's a little weirdness in the hierarchy_stoplist directive. Now,
I have to rely on my somewhat creaky memory of when I looked into this
quite some number of squid-versions ago (2.1.x, I think)...

hierarchy_stoplist was additive...That is, you could list it multiple
times, and it would keep adding strings to the internal storage. The
problem was that it had a _default_ setting, and you couldn't ever
actually override it.

That might have changed. If it hasn't, it could be your problem.