Re: accelerator and squid-2.2.STABLE5.ignore_host_header.patch

From: Miquel van Smoorenburg <list-squid@dont-contact.us>
Date: 16 Dec 1999 10:21:36 GMT

In article <cistron.38584087.4D30C1B4@hem.passagen.se>,
Henrik Nordstrom <hno@hem.passagen.se> wrote:
>Miquel van Smoorenburg wrote:
>>
>> Hello [Henrik ;)]
>>
>> It seems that the squid-2.2.STABLE5.ignore_host_header.patch from
>> Henrik and the HTTP accelerator functionality don't go together well.
>
>It should, if the accelerator is set up properly. To support virtual
>domains the accelerator must be configured with
>"httpd_accel_uses_host_header on", and any redirector must return unique
>URL's for each domain.

httpd_accel_uses_host_header means that the accelerator uses the Host:
header to find out what site to accelerate. I don't want that. I
want it to use httpd_accel_host only.

>How have you configured Squid?

httpd_accel_host 195.64.65.21
httpd_accel_port 80
httpd_accel_with_proxy on

Right now, 195.64.65.21 is a web server with a lot (thousands) of
name-based virtual hosts on it. I want the accelerator to be _just_
an accelerator for 195.64.65.21. I don't want the accelerator to
interpret the Host: header.

What I do want is that the accelerator passes the Host: header
through unmodified. And ofcourse it must use the Host: header
to store the objects in the cache.

I take it that that last requirement means I have to turn on
httpd_accel_uses_host_header?

I guess what I want is something in between, I want squid to use
httpd_accel_uses_host_header AND httpd_accel_host 195.64.65.21.
Hmm, so that functionality doesn't exist yet, right ? Okay ...

Mike.

Reply to the list or to miquels@cistron.nl (Miquel van Smoorenburg)