Re: Caching asp dynamic pages

From: Clifton Royston <cliftonr@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 16 Dec 1999 08:36:54 -1000

On Wed, Dec 15, 1999 at 04:30:04PM +0000, Abdi Ponce wrote:
> Hi!
>
> I'm using squid 2.2 STABLE 5 under Red Hat 6.1 as an accelerator for
> an IIS (I know, the CIO's soul is owned by the devil.) It works great!
> but I want squid to cache the asp dynamic pages like /search.asp?id=98
> I downloaded the source code changed the cf.data.pre file (I changed the
> line hierarchy_stoplist cgi-bin ?) I did that too in the squid.conf file.
> Also I put the following lines on the top of the asp scripts
>
> <% Response.Expires=20
> Response.CacheControl="public" %>

Do you still have those sample acls from the sample conf file for
  no_cache deny QUERY

If all your asp output has ? in it, then the standard query pattern
will match that and override the cacheability.

You might need to make a previous acl to match the URL for your site
before it hits that no_cache rule; something vaguely like:

  acl MYASP ... www.mysite.com/.*asp?
  no_cache allow MYASP
  no_cache deny QUERY

(If this is the problem, check my syntax, don't count on my having it
right!)

  -- Clifton

--
 Clifton Royston  --  LavaNet Systems Architect --  cliftonr@lava.net
        "An absolute monarch would be absolutely wise and good.