Re: TCP_HIT:NONE and Last_Modified

From: Kendall Lister <kendall@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 17 Dec 1999 09:33:44 +1100 (EST)

On Thu, 16 Dec 1999, Kent, Mr. John wrote:

> Converted squid logs to Common Format. Noticed a lot of TCP_HIT:NONE.
> According to the documentation on the access.log, an Action of TCP_HIT
> means object is in cache, but a Hierarchy of NONE means object was not
> in cache.
>
> 1) So is a TCP_HIT:NONE page being served from cache?

That documentation seems a little strange - I'm certain that the NONE
lines in our access.log match up with cache hits. I can't actually see
NONE anywhere in section 6 of the Squid FAQ.

--
 Kendall Lister, Systems Operator for Charon I.S. - kendall@charon.net.au
  Charon Information Services - Friendly, Cheap Melbourne ISP: 9589 7781