Re: compiling problems...

From: Blue Lang <blue@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 17 Dec 1999 11:13:43 -0500 (EST)

On Fri, 17 Dec 1999, Erik Voelker wrote:

> I have successfully installed gcc on my hpux 10.20 box, but I still cannot
> compile squid ver. 2.2.STABLE5 using gcc... gives the error "checking
> wether the C compiler (gcc -g) works -- no"
> Should I be able to compile squid using the latest version of gcc?

yup :) can you run gcc normally? it might be installed some place that
configure cannot find it. if you don't have another compiler installed,
you might want to make a sym link to it as /usr/bin/cc or some such.

good luck!

--
Blue Lang, Unix Systems Administrator, QSP Inc. - Raleigh, NC
Phone: 919.875.6994