Re: second squid box for redundancy and load balancing

From: Colin Campbell <sgcccdc@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 21 Dec 1999 10:19:31 +1000 (EST)

Hi,

I have a pair of squids and use round-robin DNS to share the load. They
get about 500,000 hits a day each. They talk to each other as siblings.

On squid1 I have:
cache_peer squid2 sibling 3128 3130 proxy-only

and on squid2 it is:
cache_peer squid1 sibling 3128 3130 proxy-only

I originally had them talking ICP over a 10Mbps hub and eveything else out
the 100Mbps switch but collisions became a problem on the hub so now they
do everything over the switch.

Colin