FTP connections (I've read the archivum)

From: Csaba KETSZERI <ketszeri_csaba@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 22 Dec 1999 09:04:37 +0100

Hello!

Firs of all: sorry for my English.

For statistical reasons (to know how many bandwidth
have been lost by downloading games) i'd like to use
squid to access FTP sites.
I'm running a transparent proxy with Linux ipchains
redirection feature, it works fine.

I've read the archive mails, so now I know squid can't act
as a transparent FTP proxy. (Please correct me, if it has
changed.)

How can I force the users to turn on the proxy for ftp-ing?
(I know it is mainly an ipchains question, but may a few of
the members of this list has done things like this....)

Sincerely: Csabii