Squid 2.1p1 on Solaris

From: Ray Hillman <R.K.Hillman@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 22 Dec 1999 11:35:13 +0000

Hi,

We're running squid on Sun Ultra 10s with 2 dedicated
cache file systems.

Every couple of months or so we find our caches
running slowly with lots of disk activity. This is
when the file systems reach around 70% capacity.
The filesystems have been tuned for space optimization.

The only way I can find to improve the performance
is to ditch the cache contents by newfsing the filesystems
and starting again with a squid -z.

I don't feel that I should have to take this sort of
action every so often. Is there something I could
be doing in order to allow squid to perform as it
does most of the time or is this something that other
squid admins have to resort to once in a while?

Regards
Ray

--
RFC-822 : Ray.Hillman@bton.ac.uk
  X.400 : S=hillman; G=ray; O=bton; PRMD=uk.ac; ADMD= ; C=GB