Re: second squid box for redundancy and load balancing

From: Lars Marowsky-Bree <lmb@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 23 Dec 1999 12:40:05 +0100

On 1999-12-23T11:30:11,
   Robin Stevens <robin.stevens@computing-services.oxford.ac.uk> said:

> Is this a problem that has been seen by anyone else using a similar set-up?
> We submitted this problem to Alteon's technical support some time ago, but
> have not as yet received a response that has resolved the matter.

The JANET UK Cache service is deploying a similar solution, but based on the
LinuxVirtualServer for load balancing. And as far as I can tell, they are
_very_ pleased.

You may want to check out http://www.LinuxVirtualServer.org/,
http://www.LinuxVirtualServer.org/lmb/LVS-Announce.html if this might be an
option for you.

If you ask on the lvs-users mailing list, we surely can help you solve all
issues which you might have.

Sincerely,
    Lars Marowsky-Brée

--